Day: December 20, 2016

It is a simple fact of life that not all relationships have a happy ending. While the decision to bring a marriage to a close is between the couple, they should consult a professional about how to proceed with the legalities. If you live in Texas and are considering a separation from your partner, be informed about your options. The Marroquin Law Firm has an experienced staff to help you make the process as easy as possible.

For individuals in most of the country, one course of action is separation; a couple remains legally married, but typically have chosen to live apart. The State of Texas does not recognize a legal separation.

However, a couple may file a Suit Affecting Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCR) or community property division. With this type of petition a couple remains legally married, but separates assets and establishes a custody agreement if children or pets are involved.

If you are experiencing trouble in your marriage and considering separation or divorce, contact the Marroquin Law Firm at 956-287-7400 today.